- Drawing from a database of historical project costs, Langara provides informed budget development services based on analysis that is cross-referenced with current market-rate pricing. We prioritize mitigating inflationary and municipal industry-related cost increases in the budget development process.
- Our team estimates costs with information supported by the trade contractor community, while identifying and working to eliminate potential risks to the budget and scope gaps in the project. We negotiate and consolidate costs for contract award to maximize cost efficiency.
- Langara’s services cover all project planning and logistical needs to ensure a smooth building process, including permitting, managing site access, crane coordination, project staffing, and traffic management.
- We guide consultants through drawing-development phases, as well as collaborating with developers to ensure site plan and rezoning approval. Langara will prepare all documents for tender and permitting of a project.
Value Engineering Services
- We offer in-depth consultations to assess the design and constructability of a development and design variance reporting, so that project delivery is on-time and within budget.
- Langara’s focus in procurement lies in maximizing value and reducing costs. This includes active efforts to eliminate scope gaps and streamline the tendering and contract-award process in the pre-construction phase.
- Langara Construction has in-house expertise in LEED® accreditation and green building practices. Having developed and delivered numerous LEED® buildings, our team has the knowledge to guide and support our clients through the accreditation process.
- Langara manages contracts and trade account set-up, along with processing documents for submissions and Requests for Information (RFIs). We coordinate with site staff to ensure that the scope of work outlined in contracts is adhered to, minimizing unforeseen costs and that projects remain on track.
- Langara oversees all aspects of project management for your construction project, including controlling budget expenditures and tracking project schedules to maintain accountability, efficiency, and timeliness throughout construction.
- Langara takes responsibility for financial oversight and controls of a project, including monitoring for potential cost overruns and exposures, and accurately forecasting project cashflow to enable sound financial management. We also oversee all project accounting, including tracking and analyzing labour data and ensuring the timely processing and issuance of payments.
- Langara will conduct early identification of potential risks to schedule, and rapidly implement solutions to address and identify potential problems and road blocks. We ensure a successful construction process by prioritizing a proactive approach to risk mitigation.
- In the post-construction stage, Langara works with consultants and trades to obtain all necessary reports and conduct consultant inspections and approvals of all operational systems. We provide our clients with a full circle management program.
- Langara manages project close-out activities, including obtaining all as-built warranties and other documents required for close-out and condo turnover, and assisting property management in the handover of building and maintenance services. We also conduct thorough completion of all municipal and regional inspections for site servicing certification.
Pre-delivery Inspection Programming
- Our team collaborates with site staff to ensure the full completion of suites prior to pre delivery Inspections. This involves establishing a comprehensive checklist of suite finishes for inspections that meet or exceed Tarion standards. Langara tracks and ensures the completion of all deficiencies identified in both Pre-PDI and PDI inspections throughout Tarion Warranty to ensure the highest standards for its projects. Langara will provide management for 1- and 2-year warranty completions to ensure clients receive the utmost management and care of their projects.
Technical Performance Audits
- Langara actively tracks and allocates resources to resolve deficiency items in the post-construction phase, including regularly seeking out updates with condo boards and Tarion to discuss potential issues. We also negotiate audit completion with the objective of achieving favourable outcomes for all parties.
Registration and Turnover
- Langara works closely with developers to the very end of a project’s life cycle; we handle receiving warranty and as-built documentation from trades and seek consultant signoff or compliance documentation upon substantial completion of a project. We also set up commissions and annual maintenance contracts with trades on behalf of the developer to ensure the long-term success and durability of the project.